Sunday 7 February 2016

August 10, 1995 - Interview comments in L.A.

In 1995 on Aug 10th ( on my Birthday, was 13 years old ) and interview was aired in USA on a local television channel in L.A. Later on the interview was included as bonus track for a DVD released by the end of 2001

I didn't understood quite everything he said so I will translate/reproduce in here as much as I managed to understand from the interview. I am sorry that couldn't be able to offer you more, but I hope you'll enjoy reading even the bit is given to you here.

-reporter "How do you spend your time, what can you tell us new about you ? "

- HIDE replies -

"Yea, so I wake up in the morning and around noon I start work. At home its mostly stuff about X, my solos I usually work in my room.
But compared to Japan, I'm under the sun alot more often. I drive the car myself more often too. More often than when I'm in Japan. Sometimes when there's a good concert of other musicians I respect, I go. But most of the time I'm sitting at home composing stuff. Sometimes, at night when I go to bars I see Ishizaka ( we hang about). That's mostly all.


-reporter " I know you love cars, could you name a car show you've recently watched ? "
-HIDE replies -

Ummm uhh.... [Name of some car show] its amazing. I was never interested in racing. but people sent me videos from japan and I became a fan.

- reporter " any plans you look forward to achieve for the coming future? "
-HIDE replies-

Ummm yeah, stuff I look forward to. Probably concerts. My albums mostly done, so I can go around with X. That's probably what I look forward to most. Then when X is a little less busy, I go back to my own work, release my own album. So fun stuff like that's coming up, so let's all enjoy it.
- reporter " Are you excited thinking of touring in other countries than Japan in the future ? "
-HIDE replies-

Uhh, well this years concerts we go out pretty far, so ... hmm... yea we usually don't tour as far as Japan's island, so yeah... I wonder how that will be (going world wide).

Its the first time in a while that X is gonna be touring so many places, but I've done alot of cross japan solo tours so I think it'll be pretty alright.
But since this is X we're talking about, I've no idea whats gonna happen. Yeah... hmm... so let's put a little energy into that.

- reporter " Your work is remarkable you've ascended a lot, where you see yourself next? "
- HIDE replies -


So, events... is everyone enjoying it? I don't really know whats going on either but I'm looking forward to seeing you, in one of my concerts, somewhere in japan.
Till then, bye bye !.


No comments:

Post a Comment