Saturday 20 August 2016

Visit at Yellow House and Baba -San in Harajuku

After the unforgettable Karaoke night at the Rally Pub, I went to visit Harajuku I wanted badly to reach at LEMONed , but destiny and my new friend Kazuhiro Tanaka, took me first to Yellow House on Takeshita street...there I had the pleasure to meet in person a famous lady in J-rock show-bizz...

She entitled herself "Baba-san" which in slang Japanese means the "old lady", being too much a private person she never allow anyone call her on the real name...if you read some posts behind on the blog you will find another article I wrote about here with so much appreciation and I hope...in a very respectful way.
By all means this lady and her store, Yellow House are part of many "glitter stories" of Visual kei...as if part of a magic My
th. The Yellow House and Baba-san are providing clothes ravaging fashion trends from over 35 years as herself admits with pride.During the years she dressed the men of X , Dir En Gray and other bands in the Visual Kei and J-rock industry. HIDEKI Nii-san was himself a huge fan of this shop, he bought from there most of his fancy clothes
 Baba-san has a bunch of pictures with HIDEKI on all the walls in the private section of the store, of course she will smack your hand if you dare to touch the pictures around the mirror or if you try to make pictures of the ones displayed on the walls...her memories are hers alone and you...the outsider are only allowed to see them...you can't "take" home someone's past...Kindly be polite if you do chose to visit Yellow House and respect her rules and demands...rudeness and missbehaving has no place in the Yellow House .

as a very exceptional favor I was allowed to have few snap shoots in her "personal corner" a room which she protects and watch over with an eagle eyes...here they are, I share them with you, because share is care...

this is just a sample of the countless pictures with HIDEKI Nii-san dressing the ceiling of her "private room" , from too much respect and consideration I didn't pushed too much her more than generous offer and I only took this picture of her ceiling covered with lifetime memories...

This one is another example, it is a snap shoot of the entrance door step toward the same private room :) . Baba-san is a tough lady she is a bit rough draging my hand...I felt bit scarred and intimidate by her nature, but in her soul she loves Nii-san and that made me go back to her that day few times more...to wear some clothes HIDEKI bought as well...tough I am EU and US only size 12...nothing in there fit me sadly...unfortunately I have no chance...all HIDEKI's dressing choices are coming from discontinued brands...not on Market anymore...20 years is long time...brands dissapear, stores close down...business reach bankrupt...

only the smile on Baba-san's face defies time and mocks with elegance and class the modern, chaotic stile of Visual Kei...after all she isn't named for nothing the "Mother Of J-Rocku"

1 comment: