Sunday 1 January 2017

I'll Kill You and Orgasm

Is 01:17 am 2017 in UK and believing or not I started writing this article before New Year's Eve...but somehow people got me distracted :) . I am grateful since I achieved a lot in the past year and I hope I'll achieve even more in the new year.

I had a special X New Year Celebration, and playing old records I revised with love the Singles of our loved ones since the beginnings of career till recent accomplishments I am sure you already know this but I love telling you again that I'll Kill You was the first Single ever launched by X although it is debated that X as band had first "given birth" to the single "Red" it is I'll Kill You the one who got launched on an analog record by DADA Records company , in X's Indies Era.
To be more precise it happened in June 1985. The analog record contained 2 songs , I'll Kill You and "Break The Darkness" . X show up at that time with the following members who originally formed the band at the time of it's creation by Yoshiki and Toshi :
Vocal- Toshi, Guitar- Tely , Guitar-Tomoyuki and Base- Atsushi. The original First Press Edition of this analog was limited to only 1000 copy ever produced, but because the demand from public was unexpectedly bigger than that, a 2nd release was soon taken into consideration.
 
Here to sustain my claim I attach an interview  published at that time in a magazine named "BAND Yarouzu" the same magazine which later on changed it's name in "BAND X BAND" , so here it is the interview with Yoshiki and Toshi...by reading you will notice a difference somehow between the Yoshiki of then and the one standing before us today...I guess as time is passing people grow up...or maybe not :) ? 

Yoshiki "It's been my first song with the label ( DADA Records)
Tateyuu "since my friends and I formed the band and started singing in indies, right? Well it ended there, that song killed that label (laugh), it ended with the first round"

Yoshiki "That is too aggressive judgment"
Toshi: My friend, everyone listen  I'LL KILL YOU. Is heard from everywhere when I go to Tateyama (lol) "
YOSHIKI "There is a great story, there is a great story in there." Although the song is included in the "Break Out The Darkness", the rhythm has gone mad on the way, it's funny to put in a Metal song a blowing sound (lol) "

Toshi: "Where is the rhythm crazy" Go! "(Laugh)
Yoshiki: "Yo, well, I do not know" (laugh)
Toshi: "It's more amazing, the vocal level (volume) is totally different, in the song, everyone was saying that the stereo was broken (laugh)"
Yoshiki "Well I haven't checked at all if the volume was higher or not , after all as it is, that's the kei! "(Laugh)
Toshi: "It was not like a mixing, we were doing that kind of thing in purpose..." Horror go! "(Laugh)"
YOSHIKI "I went to eat something like curry after we commonly agreed with the others about the musical terms and everything,Suddenly I was alone, so I thought " what is this "it was scary, I felt as if all my feathers have been fallen off, then Everyone came back "Ah, YOSHIKI ~!" (Laugh)

Coming from Yoshiki and Toshi this comment is very funny, however ...regardless this single sold out both First Press all 1000 record sheet and the 2nd edition, once with the termination of the label itself as brand, I'll Kill you was never produced/performed again...perhaps one day with another occasion.


here it is the Japanese version of the article, perhaps I didn't translate it satisfying enough so be my guest read it on your own 


ヨシキ「ベースの人の友達かなんかがインディーズ・レーベル始めるっていうんで、第一弾アーティストになったんだよね。まあそこで終わったんだけど、そのレーベル(笑)。第一弾で終わった」ヨシキ「それも強引なさばき」

トシ 「俺の友達、みんな持ってるもん。I'LL KILL YOU は館山行くと氾濫してるよ(笑)」ヨシキ「手売りばっかりだよね。ですごい話があるの。Break the Darkness って曲が入ってるんだけど、途中リズムが狂っちゃったのね。それ、爆破音入れてごまかそうって(笑)」トシ 「リズムが狂ってるところに"ゴー!"って(笑)」ヨシキ「"よ~し、わかんねーぞ"って(笑)」トシ 「もっとすごいのがさ、ボーカルのレベル(音量)が全然違ってて、曲の中で。みんな、ステレオが壊れたかと思った、とか言ってた(笑)」ヨシキ「レベル上げる時にね、全然チェックとかしないで、そのまま"ドアー!"って(笑)」

トシ 「ミキサーの人じゃなくて、俺たちがそういうのやってたんだもん。"ホラ行けー!"って(笑)」ヨシキ「あとさ、レベルとか1回全部決めた後にみんながゴハンかなんか食べに行っちゃって、俺一人残ってたんだよね。で、"これ何だろ"と思ってフェーダー全部下げちゃったの。そしたらみんな帰ってきて"アー、YOSHIKI~!"って(笑)」
Let us now talk about Orgasm...which is the 2nd release by X under a band composition which yet was excluding PATA and HIDE . The EP sampler was
 


released in April 1986, by the new independent label "Ecstasy Records" established by YOSHIKI.
The disc includes 3 songs such as "Orgasm", "Time Trip Loving", and "X".
At that time the members were: vocal Toshi, drums Yoshiki, guitar Jun, bass Hikalu , the last 2 of them redraw from X soon after the release .
Although 2500 disks were printed, some of them they were given as free sample to advertise the new band X
(by the way although then were free given...now they worth a fortune and are very rare to be find. I personal monitor Y J auctions and with help of buyee I manage to retrieve X Japan artifacts for safe keeping),
Jun and Hikalu had withdrawn immediately after the EP release,they said they couldn't handle the situation. Suddenly they were getting lots of attention and pressure it became a situation which they could not handle, so they find more appropriate to...quit...
In case you were wondering why "Time Trip Loving" one of the songs of the Orgasm EP is not performed by X anymore,it could be because the current trajectory of X Japan doesn't suit that aggressive stile any longer. The lyrics of that song have Toshi's signature and the song composition belongs to Jun.

The lyrics of the more classic "orgasm" or "X" live performances are different (were changed after JUN's and Hikalu's leaving ). We can't blame them that much anyway they were after all just kids at that time. They were given zero chances to get published and probably never actually believed they would make it big although I'm sure they've dreamed about that...
maybe this is the reason that Yoshiki himself established EXTASY Records at only 19 years of age, thinking that self producing their records will be the right choice since no one else would risk it with such young , reckless and so peculiar artists such as the members of X . It seems that their self producing label not only that helped them sell the record but also opened doors for whole Visual Kei movement depicted as self expression in art revolution of color and stage individualism performance .
There are many other singles launched by X before they actually started collect their songs into albums, and I will discuss them with you one by one. I want you people to be as acurate as possible informed about X Japan because discussions like " I love HIDE cause he was an Ecologist, he loved animals soo much , he saved Tigers in Yokosuka "...is simple not acceptable!!!...like how bad informed can you be? I found out this "unfortunate" information from a fan from Taiwan last year...I even wrote a joke about this stuff...in fact is main motivation to keep feed you up with X info...I hope that no other fan in any other corner of the world would be ever miss informed or wrong leaded toward crap, delusional info.
I am really HAPPY and GRATEFUL when you guys return to read the posts on this blog, for HIDE , for X Japan, for those who we love and support as we can, each one in our way. I hope that one day we can join hands and stand together changing this world with courage and boldness...like X Japan did, they set in motion a butterfly wings wave which in time become as strong as a taifun...as Toshi sings in X's new song anyone could be someone, there's a Hero in you and believe it or not, EACH ONE OF YOU is SPECIAL AND IRREPLACEABLE against all odds. THANK YOU, for reading this...see you back soon for more of X singles info !
 


No comments:

Post a Comment