Monday 14 November 2016

HOW TO KNOW IF THE X JAPAN GUITAR PICK YOU WANT TO BUY WAS GENUINE USED BY AN X MEMBER

It is happened many times that I was asked by other fans about my X Japan guitar picks...although there are various online sites who could sell X Japan guitar picks from different period of X and belonging to various members...

it is quite simple to differentiate if the deal offered to you is a pick that was genuine used by an X member...even tough I have a full bunch of them not all were used some were just throw in the crowd and collected from floor afterwards,
and also others which I obtained in trades with other fans for other goods...let us focus anyway on each used pick I can make you an example of.  Let us start first with Niisan's picks obtained in 96 at club Citta in Kawasaky and during PSYENCE A GO GO Tour :) 
Unlike the other members of X , HIDE Niisan had a strange way of using his guitar picks. It was very rare he actually gave those he used, most of times sneaking them back into his pockets and re-use them later on,
was he making economy ?? ahhaha that would have been fun but is not the case. I guess he wanted to make sure he'd find a pick when he needed one LOL. anyways due his fast playing he come to use the pick that intense that was becoming sharp as any knife blade, he continued using all the edges of the pick giving you the impression he'd use it till would be crushed to shreds within his fingers .
 In fact I am damn sure that if it was any way he'd use the middle of the pick as well...he would have done that too :) . You can see for yourself what is the result of his "musical Endeavour on stage" the pick I'm holding in the picture above was literally cracked from inside toward out.
and same fate had this one too . PATA is more "gracious" with picks he uses mostly the sharp top of the pick , so visibly intense that before the concert is off...so is few mm of the pick's top...check it out :)
 as you can see PATA tends to use his pick leaned toward left unlike HIDE Niisan using it toward right...I guess it depends of each one's technique isn't it ? or maybe is just the way that pick is grabbed ? anyways unlike HIDE , PATA uses just the bottom side...Yoshiki uses picks very rare maybe for 1 song 2, therefore his picks are not so stressful used till losing few mm of surface as Sacrifice To Art :) LOL...our next vic of Visual Shock is TAIJI Of X...
I remember TAIJI walking tall, such majestic air...and I was merely a child...in my eyes, he walk as if he'd rule this world. I was 10 years old, once in another life...we flight from CA, US to see X, my aunt was so excited...and I couldn't care less...I never understood why she is so happy to see a live anyway. In Kawasaki, at Club Citta there were lots of people...in 92.
She wasn't allowed to let me out of her sight so she drag me...like you'd lead a puppy in leash...toward the backstage entrance...and I saw TAIJI, he was looking at us if we were trespassing, but I was fascinated, his stature was imposing...tough so skinny. Helen tried to say something, mostly bumbling...
got those between 96-98 from his hand, and I always carry on a chain round my neck.
I consider them lucky amulets, by simply looking at them, I find power to overcome any boundaries of life...
I had a bobble gum pack in my hand and reached out toward him...he lean over  smiling. I hide behind Helen and looked at TAIJI from safety, he pad my forehead messing with my hair and gave me his pick than made few steps...Helen was still mumbling, I had my hand stretched out still...he return and took the gumm, smiled again , than he left...
Thousand times I play that memory in my mind over and over and all I see is a magnificent beast, a find of wilderness sparkling in the sun,like no other. Cool but tender, strong but delicate if you can say that about a man...that is for me...TAIJI Of X...Than Niisan came along like a tornado, laughing like crazi...so intimidating, he made funny faces to me...I felt like crying, but couldn't stop watching him. Helen had lift me up during the live and I saw quite good...I couldn't take my eyes of HIDE...
I was told that being naughty isn't good...if was truth then why they loved him for that ?? He became my hero, cause he was naughty and no one grounded him to his room...didn't made hi eat the bloody veges at dinner...since that moment...it was something like..." but HIDE doesn't do that...why must I ? "...or worse..." if HIDE does that...so should I ! "...
I admired him terrible, wanted to walk like him, talk like him, sing like him...do whatever he did...so I GREW UP A PUNK...tough my mom still hope I will turn into a real lady...SERIOUSLY???
TOSHI Of X is also using his picks gently, now days more and more rare, so they do not get crushed over like Niisan's :) , As for HEATH or SUGIZO, although I have their picks, they look in perfect condition, only here and there slight sign of usage over strings :) . I hope you enjoyed reading this post too...
I THANK ALL THE 12200 people who comeback here to read about HIDE Niisan, tough it is in human nature to forget...there are moments in time when our existences intersect...creating...Xtraordinary
(I wrote like that in purpose. I know it suppose to be extraordinary...but if you want to change the world, first you need to change yourself...listen more, judge less...)

No comments:

Post a Comment