Tuesday 1 March 2016

Making my own HIDE doll 



It is been a while since I crave for another HIDE doll, unfortunately the prices are very high and I can'not longer afford having another one. Although I am a fully grown up by now, I bare within me the soul of a child. In vane my mind keep sends me signals to "get over it" ,

my heart still wishes in secret to "adopt" another HIDE lovely doll...and so,this idea tormented me for many nights for awhile...till last night when I decided finally to make this dream to become reality.
I wanted a special doll not the ones are lunched on the market by HeadWax . Org or LEMONed...I wanted something special, and since that doll didn't existed yet...I decided to create it myself,so this is what I'm doing since last night.Is been more or less than 20 hours since I started creating my own HIDE doll. I went to the closed and picked the pair of eyes which I stored in a box long time ago
with another occasion when I made my first porcelain doll. As soon as I saw those eyes in a trade shop I knew someday they'll enhance a lovely face, and it seemed more than logical to gift those eyes to my HIDE. I looked in the bag with hair extensions and found some lovely Black and neon Pink Spider hair which I also stored without realizing. It seems that subconscious I stored all the materials I needed for my special doll, since long ago...
I started sewing the wig which I made rich and thick, one thing I hate the most on dolls is that they have only few lines of hair...I didn't wanted that for my doll, so I added plenty hair stripes making that wig thick and nice just as they should normally be. It amused me cause after I finished the wig and tried to fix it on HIDE's head it looked
weird cause it haven't been stile it yet but after I started shaping it up, I felt much more confident in what I was doing, slow slow the doll started to catch the unique look I dreamed about in a while.
Is been 20 hours since I work without stop to create something from all my heart, I think about HIDE and I love my new created doll from every single fiber of my heart. After I gave it a haircut, adjusting the hair toward up with
the help of "foam gel" I felt lots of peace in my heart. It will be lot of hard work till it will be done, and many days will end since now with successes and failures, but one day, when my doll will be finished, I will be so happy enjoying it. This thought alone makes me so very happy...but that's enough for today, I'll go to sleep now so I can awake early in the morning. Tomorrow I will start making some clothes to HIDE...tough I haven't decided yet what outfit he should wear :) .
36 HOURS LATER... Is been 3 days since I started this wonderful journey of creating my own HIDE doll. After molding the body into shape, after connecting the body parts together and painting them...
after adding the eyes, then creating and styling the wig, the next step was creating the pattern for my HIDE's outfit. I got inspired from his famous zipper pants, that HIDE loved so much wearing so adjusting the original
pattern with my own ideas and adding new details such as lateral pockets and stuff I created a new look zipp trousers, bringing the same original HIDE stile into 2016.
I am pretty pleased of my achievement and I feel motivated to start working at the top than at the jacket who'll follow as well. By keeping the original idea,I will give my doll a fresh look that even the real life HIDE would have found "fashionable" and "Visual Trendy"...check this out! I made some boots that will go with the new trousers as well and now I'm working at the top. I will update you with pictures and details as soon as I finish it. My heart is full of joy while working at the doll.
Last night I had a weird dream. I was sleeping in my bed and heard a noise, when I opened my eyes (in the dream) I saw HIDE, he had an open cigar on the corner of his moth and kept grooming my doll's hair, he said isn't right, that needs more wax. Than we talk about the jacket. I asked him to draw the model was thinking about as I needed a clue about his clothing. For a moment as it lasted, the dream was so intense as if it was happening for real.
When I opened my eyes to reality I stood up and went into living room drawing the patterns as they were still fresh in my mind...
I've searched for the doll and when I found it...it wasn't in the same place I put it before going to bed...but where HIDE put it in my dream. My Mom swear she never touch it as she finds porcelain dolls creepier...
If she didn't and I didn't than...oh..well...maybe my cat Midnight Hide play with the doll and drag it down across the room than climb with it in his mouth without braking it , on the dressing cabinet...I don't believe in ghosts and paranormal...always searching for the logical explanation.

2 weeks after starting to make HIDE doll

Things are getting weird and weird. Trying to sew the top for HIDE, the needles of sewing machine keep braking for no reason at all, the electricity makes all the electric/electronic equipment in the house go funny,
keep switching on and off...I will ask the electrician to remake the installation, there must be something wrong with the wires in the whole house.
I put eye lashes to the doll, and finished make-up , now looks better...the only problem is I keep forgetting where I put it...I could swear I put the doll in one place, but I find it in other corner of the house...
I'm not that old, how could I forget where I put things ? Anyhow I finished the outfit for my HIDE doll, but I dreamed it was wearing the yellow Parker LEMONed ,
so I am now working on that, somehow something compels me to do that outfit, sometimes I work for hours making him boots and clothes imitating his real life outfits...but nothing seems to look good enough.
My friends say my doll is creepily, that I put too much soul in it and it almost looks...human. All I say is they're watching way too much movies about porcelain dolls and demons or ghosts...one thing is for sure MY DOLL CAN'T BE POSSESD I made it from normal clay bought online, I am still alive, and I did it with all my love...relax my HIDE doll is not the next CHICKY...ohh people!

No comments:

Post a Comment