Tuesday 20 December 2016

Celebrating HIDE's Birthday weekend Dec 2016


It is been a while since I haven't published anything, and this happened because of too much excitement I've been trough the whole past weekend when HIDE's 52nd anniversary came along.

I need to thank this opportunity to a special friend from Singapore. Thank you Monica Lee for making this journey possible! Everything was like a dream, it took me a while to get over with. And by the way speaking of dreams, I had plenty with HIDE during his weekend.
Monica Lee at HIDE 11/12/16
I saw him everywhere from Miura Reien till Yoyogi Park, from Kawasaky till Yokosuka. I felt his presence in every corner and I was happy. Starting from 11/12/16 presents for his Birthday start to arrive for him from all the corners of the world, so it comes that on 13/12/16 in his Birthday morning, the place was packed with flowers.
when Monica placed our gifts on his grave stone, she discovers that the funky glasses were returned to HIDE. I am grateful they are back to him, Thank You!
There was no place left in front his grave stone...all the flowers in Japan were HIDE's...people keep queuing front his grave since early morning every day from 11th till 13th and upcoming days. It fill my heart with love to see how many still remember him after a lifetime since we've lost him...
at the Temple where HIDE's body was seated before cremation, on a small table, people brought pictures, gifts and little memory tokens for HIDE.
Old emotions got stir up watching them, and if tears flow countless is only because...because I wished...I wished that May 2nd will not occur again...never...if I've ever asked God something with all my heart it was that...he'd errase from Time's line a May 2nd and replace it with any other day...later on in Kawasaky people were happy everyone was raving, singing loud and proud HIDE's songs...so beautiful.
All of them so different, so strangers to each other, but they knew him...they came for him...and they sang along, being happy with him...and PATA, he turned out nearly toward the end he came from a long journey and was tiered little, but not tiered enough for HIDE. I appreciate that, I respect that, I'm grateful he came to share the happy day with us...
I know is silly but I watched PATA, his skin, his wrinkles, his smile and bonny hands...and I tried hard to imagine how...how HIDE would look like with gray hair, a bit aged...like PATA is.
I know I always told you not to go and visit HIDE's parents although I've provided you a guide from Yokosuka Chuo train station to few points reminding of HIDE...I myself didn't dare to go there never, I mean inside...I feared not to disturb, I feared I will not be able to hold my tears back...I feared not to bring more sadness, but...my friend wanted to go, so with doubt in heart I agreed. Monica went to Matsumoto's, and they were glad to have her guest. HIDE's Mom pampered my friend, and she felt so welcome there, in their home.
She visited HIDE's parents 2 times in a raw,and by the end of too much emotional meetings, she will hug his Mom promising to return.Monica showed them a picture of me from August, and they remember we've meet at HIDE's grave.
I was surprised she'd remember,but the shock was even greater when she send me a present on HIDE's Birthday morning. After 2nd visit, HIDE's Mom gave Monica 2 blue towels for me. I was amazed, confused and damn embarrass, but I accepted them...I appreciate them with all heart, tough...she didn't needed to give me anything, I wanted to give something back, not to take anything from her.
Long ago, in the day she lost her loved son,she won other lost children in return. We come from that day from all the corners of the world, to be her children price of few moments. I know that no one could replace the one who's lost...
but we've made a vow, we've promised HIDE as you'd promise to an elder brother,that we will care for his Mom. On 13th/12, Monica hug Mrs. Matsumoto in HIDE's place, with all the straight and love she could spare in her heart, his Mom gave her coffee to warm up,as she noticed that Monica's hands were icy cold.
Such a beautiful moment...Thank You, Thank You for everything. The present will be placed underneath HIDE's photo, sh he can be happy too, after all is from his Mom, therefor is his... :) .
This is the main reason for which I made the "HIDE Birthday Contest". I don't want to brake the gift chain, Mrs Matsumoto started on HIDE's Birthday, for each gift she gave me I will return 10 to HIDE, as from a younger sister to an elder brother which he is for me...

 Rally'rs was closed in the 13th evening...I understood tough. For sure Kadono spend the night in silence with a bottle of wine, remembering HIDE...we did same,
than on 14th when we hit Rally'rs everything was magic, the music, the people, the atmosphere...in a way we felt him strong, mingling with us. A bottle of celebration wine was open underneath HIDE's photo, on his favorite place in the corner, cigars were also lit and they went very fast tough, no one was smoking them as Monica lit the cigars for him alone. People were joking saying that looks like HIDE enjoy his offering :) , bless his soul...
leaving Japan is always hard, the only thing could make you feel better is the thought that soon will come the day you'd return...until that day, I will walk in my dreams from Yokosuka to Miura Kaigan, than take by foot the whole ocean side coast till Miura Reien...
like I did on August 12th when...my she broke in the middle of the road, but I wouldn't stop. I was stubborn, I insisted to walk, tough it is a free bus, tough my host told me is nearly an hour walk...tough...I drag him merciless after me trough a killing heath...I wouldn't care...not that my she brake cause of the binding glue being melted by heath...not that I walked bare foot and I took all god damn lil' stones from the freeway on my feat, nor that the asphalt was burning like hell...I felt so much joy as I came closer and closer...too much time no see...

Thank you all for still caring, for returning here to read my lame posts...for keeping HIDE in your hearts, for still singing his songs,for still spreading his works...for loving him...still.
Happy Birthday HIDE ani!


...all the flowers in Japan were HIDE's 13/12/16...
the HIDE painting is made by Chiki Natural Gothika...really talented artist of Twitter :) the paintings are exchanged periodic by the artist, and I "pet" them with love every time :) .


No comments:

Post a Comment